[access-uk] A Decent Looking Metal Braille or talking Watch: Is there such a thing?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 17:12:06 +0100

Hi Everyone.

I've been looking on various websites, and have come to the conclusion that i will have to spend over £100 for a braille watch if i don't necessarily want a cheap tacky one. does anyone have any experience buying braille watches? does a decent gents watch exist that won't break the bank? why am i bothered about looks if i can't see? in my view, just because we're blind doesn't mean that manufacturers should compramise on looks. sighted people are going to see them after all, we want to create an impression! before people suggest buying a talking watch, i'm not keen on them. perhaps a decent watch with a mail voice that isn't made out of plastic would do, the modern ones all sound either like the person is constipated, stressed, or overly excited nothing against females here. it wouldn't be so bad if they sounded and looked decent, so i've come to the conclusion that i should try to find a mail talking watch that's preferably metallic so its a little more long lasting, and loud but not too loud. any help greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance,

Mo.