[56raf_firebirds] Re: last night strike

  • From: "klem56" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 21:15:06 +0000

Boost current F-16 take-up,  overcome early criticisms and probably eases the way to TWS for FA-18?

klem

On 22/11/2019 16:35, tim foster (Redacted sender silverwings.stickz for DMARC) wrote:

so why is it DCS announce they are hard at work getting radar TWS work for new F16 and are only then going to do it for an 18month old F18?

TTFN
Stickz

On 22/11/2019 16:00, Colin Pack (Redacted sender bart_56 for DMARC) wrote:
Ok:).

Colin

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Nov 2019, at 15:25, tim foster (Redacted sender silverwings.stickz for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From a personal perspective:
Two reasons, first of all it wakes the flak up. We are a big target and flak illuminates us if nought else. Second,  the targets seem to render as alive at distance (think this is because of the new 30km range, but I maybe the only one who has that enabled) and they are not easily visible anyway. And if we cannot see if dead or alive during the attack, how are the escorts going to do any better?  Especially as they are there to watch out for themselves and keep our airspace clear.  We may as well take extra bombers if they are going to get that close and low.
Oh and third, they start the 3 minute timer off when they enter the zone.  So we spend another minute with a recce and then explanation. We may as well make two runs.
Sweeping fighters forward doesnt actually deter enemy fighters, it merely attracts them. The extra pair is nice, but we dont have the numbers for that.  Dont get me wrong, I know what you mean about sweeping fighters forward but they start the clock and may even wake the flak. Its where game life differs from real life.
Its not really what I meant though, if I hadnt missed the 3 bunkers at the top and wasted a pair hitting the non existent main concentration we might have cleaned the whole thing out.
Although personally more annoyed that it reported I ditched rather than landed at an allied airfield.

TTFN
Stickz

On 22/11/2019 11:39, Colin Pack (Redacted sender bart_56 for DMARC) wrote:
Why not push your fighter cover forward not only to deter enemy fighters, but get them to recce the targets also, so then you don’t attack dead targets.

I am so glad you are all liking the P-38, Witch told you, you would, it suits the squads game style so much, it is a very good aircraft.

Colin

Sent from my iPad

On 21 Nov 2019, at 17:15, tim foster (Redacted sender silverwings.stickz for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
last nights strike. We must have hit the one area all dead
--
if you dont live life on the edge you are taking up too much space