[56raf_firebirds] Re: last night strike

  • From: "tim foster" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "silverwings.stickz" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 00:07:57 +0000

Lucky we did not hang around over the target nor the lake then. So what was it that someone yelled break to me yet again? Am I so bad that no-one wants to fly back wiv me? Althopugh it appears I did hit something, but I was given a "ditched" rather than landed. Didnt we all land at Koln/Cologne, I though I heard thats where you all recovered to.
That Eindoven is a horrible target.

TTFN
Stickz

On 21/11/2019 23:08, 56RAF_phoenix wrote:

A Karfurst and a Dora circled over the target while we were reforming over that pointy lake. I don't know when they arrived as I only started the recording at that point.
The P-51 was mythical, must have been one of the Tempests.

I've updated the recon photos of Eindhoven on the forum.

56RAF_phoenix

On 21/11/2019 17:15, tim foster (Redacted sender silverwings.stickz for DMARC) wrote:
last nights strike. We must have hit the one area all dead - 2 hits for boot - no justice. Look at the smoke from boot drop (and I think some of my drop but go off after) right on target, just nought left. My fault for missing the 3 surviving bunkers and the ones at tree line where I tried to hit. All planes got home.

One picture from phoenix as boot bombs go off, 1 for the run we made and the other shows the target.

TTFN

Stickz

--
if you dont live life on the edge you are taking up too much space