[56raf_firebirds] Re: F/A-18

  • From: "tim foster" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "silverwings.stickz" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 14:27:09 +0000

For refuel - best to try with il-76 whatever it is or the viking first because the new prop wash effects (vortex whatever they call it) made it a heluva lot harder than before. Behind jet engines is quite a bit easier the 130 or 135. At least in my experience (trying with mirage).  Although these twats on utube that seem to just pull up and just slide in with no apparent effect nor even slight variation in control annoy me beyond belief. Either that or use the viggen - it cant do it so perfect for it.
Used to be able to do it in harrier behind anything but this has made it lot harder at least for me (unless its the mirage is problematic). Could be I just dont have time to practise it much

TTFN
Stickz

On 15/11/2019 11:27, klem56 (Redacted sender klem56 for DMARC) wrote:

I've done:-
Start up, Take off, VFR Landing, CV Take off and Landing (Case 1), TACAN and Auto Pilot so of course the UFC.
Set up Chaff and Flares.
Done a few Guns, Sidewinder and AIM120 practices. A few GA but not much.

Played with WP Nav a bit,  it seems straightforward
Not used ICLS Carrier landing yet.
Not used ECM
I tried in-flight refuelling but it's very tricky and I put it aside for now.

Next thing was to play with the JHMCS

I usually grab an hour here and there and mostly tend to fly around. By the time I've taken off (Aerobatics server), flown out to do carrier landings and take offs at both carriers and returned to base that's pretty much the hour gone :)

klem

http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

On 15/11/2019 09:31, Lee Fisher (Redacted sender l.fisher for DMARC) wrote:
Well I’m catching up with Bart, I’ve had the hornet for a few days now and covered:
Start up
Take off, CV take off
Wpt nav, TACAN Nav, UFC
ECM, flares and chaff setup
IR missiles, Radar missiles, Radar screen
IFEI
VFR Field Landing, ICLS CV landing

So I still have in flight refuelling to do, I might do that this afternoon, out for breakfast on my bike atm.

What time tonight?

Witch

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Nov 2019, at 06:33, klem56 (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How far have you got?
I should be on tonight for a bit of free flight.

klem

http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo
i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling
EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked
32Gb DDR4 RAM
500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB storage
3 x 27" monitors @ 5760x1080 + 27" 1920x1080 in Tee format
TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base
TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software
Cockpits in LEA Extended Input on 10" iPad
Windows 10 Home 64bit

On 13/11/2019 05:25, Colin Pack (Redacted sender bart_56 for DMARC) wrote:
We are getting there Klem, will be ready soon :).

Colin

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Nov 2019, at 22:11, Colin Pack (Redacted sender bart_56 for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok mate will cross train to the F-18, will go for sometime next week, do you know how use A-G weapons if so what ones and datalink 16?

Colin

--
if you dont live life on the edge you are taking up too much space