[56raf_firebirds] Re: F/A-18

  • From: "klem56" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "klem56" for DMARC)
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 08:00:09 +0000

Hi Colin,

not so far. I enjoy flying it so much that I usually grab an hour here and there to just fly it around or more often go into the Aerobatics server, fly out to one of the two carriers, land, relaunch, go to the next carrier, land, relaunch and return home. Just about fills the time and has been quite testing to get right (mostly using proper Case 1 landing procedure).

Co-incidentally I have been going through the Training missions and learning the Gun and Sidewinder. I came on this morning to sort out the Chaff and Flare controls. I know HOW to select all the weapons and the radar locking but I haven't practiced it much or done it in anger yet. My HOTAS is all set up per the real aircraft (allowing I am using a Warthog throttle).

Are you combat ready? What did you have in mind? I usually fly it on Friday evenings and some company would be great. I can usually find time on some weekday mornings but at the moment I am up to my ears sorting out stuff on the museum Network as I have recently  been appointed IT Manager.

klem

http://56punjabvirtualsquad.boards.net/

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo
i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling
EVGA GTX980 GPU 4Gb superclocked
32Gb DDR4 RAM
500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB storage
3 x 27" monitors @ 5760x1080 + 27" 1920x1080 in Tee format
TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base
TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software
Cockpits in LEA Extended Input on 10" iPad
Windows 10 Home 64bit

On 06/11/2019 06:54, Colin (Redacted sender bart_56 for DMARC) wrote:

Klem are you combat ready in the F/A-18?

Colin

Sent from my iPhone