[56raf_firebirds] Re: DCS

  • From: 56RAF_phoenix <phoenix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 56raf_firebirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 16:44:03 +0100

If you want to do a bit of geolocation of the real thing, a good place to look is www.wikimapia.org .
God knows who runs it, but lots of people love putting open source info on it. The Poles particularly.
Select "military" and you'll get masses of sites described.
The descriptions are often not quite so accurate, but it's a great starting point.

56RAF_phoenix

On 23/05/2021 13:30, Colin (Redacted sender bart_56 for DMARC) wrote:

Just seen this heard the slam-er being mentioned in the videos, and now I know what it is, it looks pretty mean lol.
https://youtu.be/9R2QKOQLjVc ;<https://youtu.be/9R2QKOQLjVc>

Very long range strikes.

Colin

On 22 May 2021, at 23:57, Colin <bart_56@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Looks like the game has slightly older SA-10 S-300PS and SA-11 Buk long range ADS, which really is inline with the NATO aircraft it is up against and more than capable for the average sim pilot to go up against. You will still have to conduct your SEAD strike appropriately to take these sites out. Especially if the ADS is interlocking as it should be from what I see of the briefing map on the videos they did a fairly good job in doing that.

It’s all a nice challenge LOL.

Colin