[24hoursupport] Re: password request

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:53:19 -0400

Lemme guess (since you didn't say) - Win98? Try changing the type of login
under network properties. If it's Family Login try changing to Windows
Login. Try Tweakui
  ( http://download.com.com/3000-2341-2830963.html?legacy=cnet ) and set
login to automatic.

But don't be surprised if you're forced to live with it. I'm stuck with
Win98 on my laptop and I swear I tried everything but it still stops at
that blasted login screen.

At 07:29 PM 6/27/2002, you wrote:
>Every time I start my laptop (recently) I get a box asking for my password
>(which I never set up).
>I just press enter and it goes on the start up cycle.
>How do I prevent this box from popping up?

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at