[24hoursupport] Re: password request

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:53:46 -0400

Joe and Matlin,
Sorry it took me so long to jump in...

You should both go over these steps and it will rid you of that login
prompt and properly save passwords.

1)Delete all  *.pwl files. (Start/Find/Files or Folders and search your
drive for them.)

2) Now go to: Start/Settings/Control Panel/NetworkIcon/Configuration
Tab.
Make sure that "Client for Microsoft Networks" is in the list.   If it
is
not there, then install it:
     a. Push ADD button
     b. highlight "Client" in the list shown
     c. Push ADD button
     d. Under Manufacturers, highlight "Microsoft"
     e. Under Network Clients, highlight "Client for Microsoft Networks"
     f. Push OK button

3) Make sure that "Windows Logon" is selected in the "Primary
Network Logon" box.

4) Reboot your computer

5) When you see the "Enter Windows password" screen during the reboot,
be
sure and click "OK" with no password entered.

6) You will be prompted to confirm, click ok again with no password
entered.

That's it.  You will no longer see the windows password screen on bootup
and
password should now save.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771