[24hoursupport] Re: advice needed on replacing M/B!

  • From: "Ewen Howe" <ewenhowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 19:55:40 +0900

Thanks, Joe and Ray, for your helpful tips and advices! I am sorry for not
having made any details of my M/Bs in the previous message. Actually, they
are both ATX type with very similar specs. But the old one is a cheap bulk
that has already developed problem in audio, for which I have tried hard
until I feel hopeless and decided to give it up. So, I purchased an ASUS
P4B266 with Intel chip set. They both have the same 478 pin for Pt4 CPU and
DDR RAM so that I do not need to replace my CPU and RAM type. What
difference is noly the chip set, the bulk has a VIA chip set. I presume this
will not cause much trouble to me. But, if your guys realise some more
problem with this replacement, please offer more advice. I will follow your
words to replace them soon. Thanks a lot!

Ewen