[24hoursupport] Re: advice needed on replacing M/B!

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 21:13:56 -0400

Sometimes you can simply swap mobos. Sometimes it just never quite works
right unless you reinstall the OS clean. Sure is a good opportunity to
clean out the system, so you may as well.

You shouldn't _have_ to change anything in the BIOS as the factory default
settings will probably work, but I'd take a few minutes to go through each
page. Especially if you're going to reinstall your OS.

You didn't ask about hardware so I'm not going to speculate on things like
different types of RAM, etc.

At 11:46 PM 7/2/2002, you wrote:

>I am on the way to replace my existing M/B with a newly purchased one (both
>are the same socket). I post this question a couple of weeks ago but have
>not receive anything. During this period of time, I have gone out for a long
>business trip following a holiday with family and kids, so that I still have
>had no chance to touch the desktop. I still need advice of resplce the M/B
>and I am trying my luck again. I resemble the Pt4 PC myself but not sure if
>the replacement of M/B is as simple as plug-out everything of the old and
>plug-in everything to the new. I am going to back up my files for sure. But
>what about other thinks such as BIOS etc those come with the old
>M/B...Anything you think you would advice me would be highly appreciated.
>Regards!

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at