[24hoursupport] advice needed on replacing M/B!

  • From: "Ewen Howe" <ewenhowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[24hrsupporthelpdesk]" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:46:18 +0900

I am on the way to replace my existing M/B with a newly purchased one (both
are the same socket). I post this question a couple of weeks ago but have
not receive anything. During this period of time, I have gone out for a long
business trip following a holiday with family and kids, so that I still have
had no chance to touch the desktop. I still need advice of resplce the M/B
and I am trying my luck again. I resemble the Pt4 PC myself but not sure if
the replacement of M/B is as simple as plug-out everything of the old and
plug-in everything to the new. I am going to back up my files for sure. But
what about other thinks such as BIOS etc those come with the old
M/B...Anything you think you would advice me would be highly appreciated.
Regards!

Ewen
Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at