[24hoursupport] Re: Wondering if someone can help.

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:00:21 -0400

Hello Joellen,

If a link in an email or other document "wraps" to the
next line, you can't just copy and paste it into the
browser and have it go; you have to copy both lines
individually and paste them in or use some other method to
get them together all on one line. I think that may be
what you're referring to on the first part.

The second part of your question I don't quite understand.
You almost certainly do have ActiveX installed... what
version of Windows are you running? I question the
valididty and purpose behind any emails you receieve
saying you don't have it -- how would anyone else know
that, anyway? That doesn't sound right to me. Maybe
someone else has more of a clue what could be happening.
I'm sorry, I don't have time at this moment to try to
figure it out in more detail for you.

Ron

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 05:20:04 -0500
  "Joellen Adams" <joellen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>My computer is SUCH a mess it won't read I think you call
>them long files....or when I click on a 2 line source
>someone sends me it goes to the page and says invalid, I
>know that came when my son was sent an e-mail saying a
>virus and deleting the bear?  SORRY I'm JUST not real
>bright when it comes to tech things.
>ALSO do I need to add  activeX?  I get e-mails saying
>that I don't have it and wondering what it is for and IF
>it's something one would need.  On one of my art lists it
>says I can't view to enlarge a scan on the yahoo photo
>site because I don't have active X
>THANK YOU!
>Joellen in Illinois
>For a web-based membership management utility and
>information on list policies, please see
>http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/
>
>To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
>24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe"
>(without quotes) in the subject.

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">