[24hoursupport] Anti-Spam Services

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:06:44 -0400

Dear List Members:

This is a List Administration message, please read this.

In the past several days, we have had more than one user
of this list use an anti-spam service that has resulted in
every member of this list recieving notices to confirm
that messages posted to the list are not spam.

This is unacceptable in several ways. First, in my opinion
it is not up to the sender of any message to confirm that
the message they send is spam or not; it is the
responsibility of the receiver to determine what they
consider spam and filter their own messages accordingly.
More importantly, the confirmation messages themselves
could be considered a form of spam. While not commercial
advertising, and therefore technically not spam, they
never the less are annoying unsolicited messages.

This list is vehemently anti-spam, and it is good that
list members are trying various ways to reduce or
eliminate spam. Unfortunately in trying to do a good thing
some members are inadvertently doing a bad thing too.

I have no choice but to state that anyone who uses an
anti-spam service and does not properly configure that
service to correctly allow list traffic through will be
removed from the list until such time as list messages are
properly handled by the service.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding about
this.

Ron Allen
List Owner