[24hoursupport] Re: Task manager

  • From: yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:59:06 -0600

Hi,

You can use EndItAll2 which is simple, lists all running programs, and
when you put the cursor over each one, shows it's location at the bottom
of the window. It is freeware, and if you can't find it, I can email it
to you.

It's natural counterpart is StartCop, or StartupCop, which lists all
programs running, and with a few simple clicks, you can disable anything
from starting at bootup. It is also freeware, and I can also send it if
you can't find it.

I think both are listed at a certain website which now charges to let
you download anything, so that's why I offer to send it free. After all,
if it's freeware, it should be free. It's not 'pay-as-you-go-ware'.

By the way, I run twin 20gig HDs and the one I was using stopped working
today so I spent the afternoon and evening straightening out and
updating the backup HD which has a slightly out-of-date copy of
everything. In the course of doing that, I found out how to reinstall
the SBLive! Platinum sound software. You run Windows Explorer and go
into the Creative installation cd, into the English folder, and click on
the Install icon, and away she goes.

Roland