[24hoursupport] Re: Protecting compressed file with a Password WinXP

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 21:33:54 -0500

If you use XP with NTFS enabled, then set up different accounts for
different users on the computer, the files in your account are pretty
secure as long as you don't leave the computer while logged into your
account.  In XP pro, you can go further with user/group policies which can
specifically allow user file rights.  *nix systems can give you total
control on a file by file basis.  Any FAT drives can pretty much be read by
anyone with some skill - password protected or not.

On 5/18/2003 at 5:18 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Spider
was rumoured to have uttered....

24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" (without quotes) in
the subject.