[24hoursupport] Re: Protecting compressed file with a Password WinXP

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: George Cham <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 10:22:26 -0500

Hello George,

I'm sorry, I don't have time to research or test this just now, but
I'm pretty certain that it has to do with the permissions. In Windows
XP, if you have it set up right, what you have access to depends
entirely on your account. An Admin has access to everything, user
accounts have limited access but always have access to their own
files. I suspect that if you create and password protect the file, and
then switch to a different user account, you would need the password
to open it. If I'm wrong, I hope someone else here can explain it to
both of us :)

Ron