[24hoursupport] Major problem

  • From: "~~>Marianne Johansson<~~" <majsan_242@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:51:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi :-) I really need some advice what to do!

OK it all started when I got my self a webcam and
messed around with several webcam programs some thing
went wrong when I uninstalled them. I think some thing
with the java f*ckt up, as when I click on links that
open a new window nothing happens except a frame shows
up. I have tried to reinstall win98 and IE 5.5 even
install I.E. 6. No result.

This made me to decide to reformat my spare harddrive
and reinstall the whole thing, now the really 'fun'
start. When I try to install the win98 again some
things goes wrong and when the computer is going to
look for no PnP devices it freezes at 31%. I restart
the computer and then notice that it cant detect the
CD-rom. Ok so I force the machine to detect the
CD-rom.

After that I reinstall the win98 again because several
files is missing, ok this lead to a installation that
takes at least double the usual time it take. As the
computer keeps on installing the same things again and
again. Ok it finally ended and I succeeded to install
IE 5.5, but after that when I click on the CD-rom icon
the computer restarts or the screen just goes black.

Anyways I put back the other harddrive now as I have
not the faintest idea what is wrong. If anybody now
what to do please let me know.

M.J

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at