[24hoursupport] Re: New cable modem

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:35:33 -0400

Evening

Good suggestion Spider however it should be noted
that GRC only tests certain/some ports and does not
give a complete test.   One who is looking to review
their firewall protection (or to see what they need
to protect)  should visit a variety of sites for a
better selection of tests/results.

Others can be found here:
http://www.hackfix.org/software/firewall_util.html

Hopefully that helps some

Christy

On 7/30/02 at 05:13 PM Spider wrote:

>You should put this link in your favorites and visit
it every now and
>then.  Click the "Test my Shields" first and follow
that with "Probe my
>Ports".  This will fully answer your question.  IMHO
if you pass the
>test at this site your security is plenty good
enough.

Behalf Of Lpagsugu@xxxxxx
>Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 9:01 AM
>To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [24hoursupport] New cable modem
>

>Hi everyone,
>I just got a cable modem.  Is there anything special
I need to do as far
>as
>security is concerned?  So far, I've got ZoneAlarm
running and my
>computer
>hasn't been off since the modem was installed
(drivers).  I forget these
>sort
>of things.  Thanks!
>
>Lene