[24hoursupport] Re: Major problem

  • From: "~~>Marianne Johansson<~~" <majsan_242@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 00:57:42 -0700 (PDT)

The computer is no special brand it one of those cheap
home computers. The main mainboard is a CW33/CW33+
from FIC, <www.fic.com.tw>.

I do have the drivers to the old CD-rom which came
with  the computer, and I have done reformated and
reinstalled before to get a nice/clean/fast system and
it worked out just fine, no problem at all.

I have tried to install the window over it self, yes.

*Hmmmmz* the boot thingy I don't really understand,
feel free to explain (for now the letter on my drive
is F).

Now I got a few silly ideas what it might be, I bet
I'm  soooo wrong but here they are.

1. I have f*cked the BIOS some how

2. The computer f*cks up because it is hot (I really
should install that computer health program, have been
far to lazy to do that)

M.J

--- Hugh Vandervoort <hughv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What kind of computer is this?
> Some brand name computers require a restore disk
> with drivers, etc., and may
> have a special partition on the HD.
> Have you tried installing Windows over itself?
> Boot to Windows/ Start/Run/D: Setup (Or whatever
> your CD ROM Drive letter
> is).

> ********
>

> Anyways I put back the other harddrive now as I have
> not the faintest idea what is wrong. If anybody now
> what to do please let me know.
>
> - Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending
> email to
> 24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
> 'unsubscribe' in the
> Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface