[24hoursupport] Re: Hear Clicking When Rebooting

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:01:35 -0400

First I'd open the computer and stick my ear next to it to verify it's
actually the drive and not a fan or something. If it's the drive, verify
you have a current backup and replace it as soon as possible.

Disk Doctor and Scandisk will both mark off bad sectors if you do a
'thorough' or 'surface' test. But even if this was the case it would only
be another indication the drive needs replacement.

At 10:33 AM 7/8/2002, you wrote:
>I am using Win98, 128Ram, 333mhz with a 8gig drive.  The problem is when I
>reboot it takes forever to go through the reboot (about 10min give or take
>a minute).  Also I hear clicking as its going through reboot.  I have ran
>Disk Doctor and found no problems.  I don't get any errors at all, Just
>the clicking when I reboot.  I am thinking its bad sectors or
>something.  Is there any way to fix this?  Every so often when I use a
>program, I hear that clicking also.  I just can't remember which program
>it is.  I defragged my computer yesterday with no problems.  Any help
>would be appreciated.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at