[24hoursupport] Re: Enable Status Bar by Default

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:36:36 -0600

OK, yes, I'm talking to myself. I deserve a little leeway here I think.

>Anyone know how to enable the status bar in Windows Explorer by default?

I just seemed to have solved it. Maybe. It looks like it, but I'll believe=
 it when it is still working tomorrow and next week.

Instead of in Windows Explorer, I opened "My Computer". Enabled the status=
 bar, and then saved all folder options "like the current folder". Now that=
 appears to have set the status bar enabled by default in both "My=
 Computer" and Windows Explorer.

I've tried the same procedure from within Windows Explorer before, and it=
 didn't save the status bar setting. I don't remember if I ever tried it=
 from "My Computer" before; I tend to think not, since I always use=
 Explorer.

**shrug** Well, whatever works I suppose.

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/