[24hoursupport] Enable Status Bar by Default

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:10:56 -0600

I have an annoyance in Windows XP Professional (and home too AFAIK) that=
 I'm finally going to see if I can get fixed.

Anyone know how to enable the status bar in Windows Explorer by default?

The good folks at Microsoft have apparently decided for me, yet again, what=
 I do and do not need or want. All I can find in the KB is that "this=
 behavior is by design". Well I don't care much for this design, I want the=
 status bar displayed all the time, and I don't want to have to select it=
 every time I open Windows Explorer. Surely this is a registry entry, but I=
 have been unable to locate the correct key to change.

You know, I really love Microsoft products but this big-brother-knows-best=
 stuff gets **really** old after awhile.

**sigh**

Thanks for any help,

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at