[24hoursupport] Accessing Windows XP Without Password

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:52:49 -0400

Hello Group,

I have a friend who is working in a small office with no
IT support that needs help. Apparently a co-worker got
upset and left abruptly, and now refuses to give anyone
the password to her Windows XP machine. There is no admin
account showing on the welcome screen, and nobody there
knows the admin password anyway. I'm away from all of my
usual resources except this list and need a clue myself.
Is there a way for them to access the files on that
machine at this point?

They are obviously going to make some changes with regards
to their computer policies <g> but in the meantime they
are pretty anxious to get to the data on this machine as
it is affecting their day-to-day work. Any hints would be
welcome.

Thanks,

Ron