[24hoursupport] Re: Accessing Windows XP Without Password

  • From: "Steven McCarthy" <steven@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:38:55 +0100

Without the local admin password it's going to be difficult. You could just
try logging in as Administrator with no password. That is the default.

One way to get around it is to reinstall Windows XP on the box. This will
not delete any data on the machine (afaik - I haven't done this in XP myself
but I have with both NT and 2000).

Steve
A Helping Hand - One of The Collective
http://www.uti.com/~sprkspys/AHH
The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled. -- Plutarch