[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Help needed

  • From: Jeffrey Needle <jeff.needle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:38:55 -0800

I thought of that, but I had defraged the disk just a few weeks ago.  I ran a
test, and
the disk was only about 1% fragmented.

In utter despair, I decided to just reinstall Windows 98.  I hate doing that,
it just
takes so long.  Well, I'm happy to say that the problem seems to have
disappeared!
I have no idea what it was all about.

I do thank all of you for your good suggestions.

11/10/2002 2:00:15 PM, "Glenn Lloyd" <argeedblu@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>One possibility: How long has it been since you de-fragmented your disk.
>If it has been some time then I would suggest you start by doing a disk
>defragmention. With a badly fragmented disk, it may take several hours
>to run. Just be patient and let run to its conclusion. You can avoid a
>fragmentation problem in the future by doing a defrag once a week. When
>done regularly and frequently defrag doesn't take long at all.
>
>Glenn Lloyd
>www.rgservices.ca
>www.geac.com/trainu

Jeffrey Needle