[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Change the tooltip formatting via interpreter? How to distribute interpreter & api?

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 22:30:13 -0700

Hi Jan,

> Works like a charm, too!
> Now we just have to tackle the formatting...

I knew this was coming ;).

> In your example, you use "refeditor:SetText(tip)". Is there some equivalent
> that automatically formats "tip", or how is that done in ZBS? Or is the only
> way to do the formatting in the new panel to write a custom function like
> MarkupStyle() in markup.lua?

Technically, you wouldn't need to write your own MarkupStyle function
as there is a function in Scintilla that allows you to set the text
and its attributes directly in the editor, but it turned out that it's
not available for some reason in wxlua. I'll check with the wxlua
maintainer on the reason for this, but for now you'd need to take a
long route to make it happen.

It's possible to write a simplified version of MarkupStyle to handle
your own syntax and styles, but if you are okay with the syntax used
there, I might be able to make the current MarkupStyle function work
for your case (need to try few things first). If you need a different
syntax, I can either make it more configurable (which is going to take
time/work) or you can write it yourself based on the current
implementation.

Paul.