[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Change the tooltip formatting via interpreter? How to distribute interpreter & api?

  • From: jan@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:46:18 +0100

You can get different colors with something like this:

    local styles = StylesGetDefault()
    MarkupAddStyles(styles)
    styles.text.fg = {0, 0, 255}
    styles['**'].fg = {255, 0, 0}
    styles['_'].fg = {0, 255, 0}
    SetupKeywords(e,"lua",nil,styles,ide.font.oNormal,ide.font.oItalic)
    StylesApplyToEditor(styles,e,ide.font.oNormal,ide.font.oItalic)

This will color the bold fragments green and italic fragments red
while the rest of the text will be blue.

Wow, I feel pretty stupid for not having that idea, with all the things that I tried ;) I am at a different task right now, so I won't be able to try it before tomorrow I think, but that seems like a safe bet.

I tried and couldn't get it
to work using your markup (^^* and ^^_), so I'm checking what may be
causing this. It's not intended to work with the markup you have, but
I'm curious as to why it wouldn't. Will update if I find the issue...

I also wondered. Could it be the EscapeMagic function? I am no regexp expert, but that does SOMETHING with ^.