[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Change the tooltip formatting via interpreter? How to distribute interpreter & api?

  • From: Jan Drabner <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:52:06 +0100

It's possible to write a simplified version of MarkupStyle to handle your own syntax and styles, but if you are okay with the syntax used there, I might be able to make the current MarkupStyle function work for your case (need to try few things first). If you need a different syntax, I can either make it more configurable (which is going to take time/work) or you can write it yourself based on the current implementation. Paul.

The problem is that I need a different syntax, as some parts of the usual one are not suited to code documentation. For example, characters like ()[]+ are quite common in code documentation and should not become links ;)

I tried to implement my own Markup Style yesterday, but I probably did it wrong. Here is how I call it:

    refeditor:SetReadOnly(false)
    refeditor:SetText(tip)
    ts_style(refeditor)
    refeditor:SetReadOnly(true)

And here is the code for ts_style():
http://pastebin.com/BZGb9ZcL

It does: nothing. What I changed is that I tried to remove everything that had to do with comments (as I want to style the whole panel).