[Wittrs] Re: Following a Rule

  • From: kirby urner <kirby.urner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:27:56 -0700

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<< SNIP >>

> I do think the American people are extraordinarily lazy in letting
> journalists (especially TV journalists, who've let themselves off the
> hook as professional journalists, are just spin doctors half the time)
> queue them about when and how to discuss these issues.  Doesn't
> inspire much confidence, to see how docile these USAers have become,
> hardly a land of the free or home of the brave anymore.

Of course a queue is a data structure, so I should have said "cue" (as
in a stage play -- agents as actors, the best way to understand
computing as well, especially in the age of scripting languages like
Perl, multithreaded etc.).

However, the "pipeline" connotations are apropos, i.e. the docile
USAers just take whatever pops out of the queue and discuss it
frantically, with almost zero self-discipline, and then move on to the
next non-topic, with nothing ever accomplished or decided.  What a
waste.

It's because they had no schooling in logic as children and now have
mush for brains.  Let's not repeat that with the next generation, is
my attitude as a Silicon Forest exec.

Now I know we're not supposed to raise the issue of credentials here,
but on another list I won't talk global warming because I only respect
what Dutch engineers have to say on that topic (for obvious reasons).

Neoliberal USAers, bristling with ill-informed opinions on all manner
of topics, are not the people I'm trained to listen to (or obey), so I
tend to tune out a lot of that global warming stuff as it boils down
to neo-Victorian guilt-tripping or some other immaturity (stilted
development) owing to WBMS ("white mans burden syndrome" -- neatly
captured by R. Kipling).

Not that all USAers are whiny infantile guilt trippy white neoliberal
knee-jerks, but a lot of 'em are (neocon and neoliberal are closely
associated in my geopolitical analysis).

Kirby

WEB VIEW: http://tinyurl.com/ku7ga4
TODAY: http://alturl.com/whcf
3 DAYS: http://alturl.com/d9vz