[wisb] Re: Kittiwake update

  • From: Cynthia Bridge <cynthiabridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:12:45 -0500

Tom Prestby, Peter Bridge, and I left the Port Washington area around
1:15 and the bird was still located immediately north of the power
plant.  It was alternating between resting on the water and circling
just over the warm water effluent.  The bird is providing excellent
looks and the lighting is great.  You can park on either side of the
channel, near the gazebo or by the power plant.

In the nortern end of the harbor there were a mix of birds on the
water, including 2 Long-tailed Ducks and a Canvasback.  A Great Black
Backed Gull was sitting on the breakwater.

Cheers,

Cynthia Bridge
Fort Atkinson, Jefferson County