[wisb] Kittiwake update

  • From: <dkuecherer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:49:21 -0500

I have been monitoring the Kittiwake on a daily basis for quite some time.
Sunday, March 28th, was the last day that I saw the Kittiwake at Port Harbor.
I spent about 1 hour on Monday without seeing the Kittiwake.  Tuesday and today
(31st) I looked for over two hours each day while photographing Horned Grebes
(numerous) and other species (a Blue-winged Teal showed up today).  Efforts to
locate the Kittiwake were disappointing.  With the amount of time spent at it's
normal locations and all over the rest of the harbor, I believe that the
Kittiwake is gone. Temps have been very warm the last couple of days.  Perhaps
someone else located it during the past three days.
Dennis Kuecherer
Ozaukee, Cty