[wisb] Great Gray Owl

  • From: "Randall J. Eide" <rj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:08:26 -0600

I got a good close look at an owl in a tree on a wooded trail in Odana
Hills Golf Course here in Madison this morning.
I was very surprised, but size, head shape and a clear white bow tie seemed
to be unmistakably identify a Great Gray.
I just joined the list so don't know if there have been any other sightings
near here.
I was on the trail leading from the 14th hole tee towards the beltline at
the time.
Randy Eide, Madison, Dane County