[windows2000] Re: Windows 2000 domain upgrade

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 07:34:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi Guys,

just a little extra information required. Someone suggested upgrading my DC's
before I do my member servers, but would it be ok to intruduce new Windows 2003
servers into the old domain even before the upgrade.

The fact is that we have a dead server we are looking to replace, hardware
arrives tomorrow, just thought it would be alot easier to stick windows 2003 on
@ this stage. Any implications when I come to do the upgrade?

Sorry I am such a newbie to this.

Dave

Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At home I used Virtual PC to run two temp DCs on my WinXP-box, while I upgraded
from the win2k-domain to the win2k3 domain. Cheapo-solution, and slow, but it
works. VMWare should do the same thing. You might want to look into either of
the solutions!

HTH.