[windows2000] Re: Windows 2000 domain upgrade

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:01:12 +0100

Speaking of which, upgrading from win2k DCs to win2k3 DCs has a tendency
(known to MS) to leave GPO-templates and policies from win2k. Ie they are
not upgraded to the win2k3-level. If you upgrade this way, you may want to
look this up.

This has been the case when I did the upgrade on two domains, from win2k to
win2k3.

All kinds of weird problems can arise, w/o any apparent reason...

Dunno if you were going this upgrade path, but thought it was worth
mentioning, as doing a fresh install isn't always an option.

HTH.