[windows2000] Re: Rebuild W2K Pro

  • From: David L.Spanne <werenomads@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:45:35 -0800

Tell us what happens.  I had an XP box that would not boot, and tried
everything I could think of (Linux boot with samba, recovery console,
overinstall etc.) and could not get it to boot.  Scanned drive with Trend
Micro, and found a nasty virus/worm that makes machine unbootable.  Recovered
all data, but could never get it to boot. Had to build a new boot drive.  Many
miserable hours of work, and serves me right for skimping on security software
and backups.
David Spanne

Subject: [windows2000] Re: Rebuild W2K Pro
   From: George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:08:37 -0700
     To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I'll try them.
-George