[windows2000] Re: Proactivity

  • From: "Andrew Shriner" <aShriner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 15:57:48 -0500

Just wanted y'all to know that I did see your responses - but I don't
have the time left today to respond to them :(

Hopefully tomorrow :)

Andrew

>>> GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/02/04 11:49AM >>>
"I want a list of all unplanned outages for the next six months!!!"
-PHB

Can you give me an example?  I'm not in the Public Ed field, but have
been involved on the side for years, but when you say proactive, I'm
not
sure that we are on the same page.

For example, my solution to proactively deal with Virus Outbreaks is
three levels of Anti-virus software, updated hourly, plus an SUS
server
(WUS is sooo cool, but beta+production=headaches) and a scripted MBSA
scan weekly.

It takes me about 5 minutes a day to check on the virus updates, about
15 minutes a month to review SUS updates, and about an hour per Monday
to review the MBSA logs.  Comes down to a grand total of 6 hours a
month...

Is that the kind of "plan" he is talking about?

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.