[windows2000] Re: All of the printers disappear on our terminal server

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:00:47 -0800 (PST)

It sure is on thethin.net it is at http://thethin.net/pdmanager.zip  I was the
only host site with persmission to distribute  this file from Appsense and
everyone else hocked it. : )

Also have a look at the
Microsoft Terminal Services Printer mapping tool called TSPDRW.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/f/2/9f237742-e057-4e00-a0d5-62de2ebf9fbd/TSPDRW_Package.exe

Jim

Jim Hathaway <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm probably not the Jim you're thinking of Glenn. :)

But I found a link to this handy util . . not on thethin.net though.
Perhaps Mr kenzig will re-upload it.

http://www.printingsupport.com/tools/

BTW Rod, is this a Citrix environment, or are you just running plan old
terminal services with client's making RDP connections?

In troubleshooting printer drivers your best friend will be your servers
event logs, generally the app log (depending on how aggressive you're
logging printer errors), will tell you Exactly what driver was trying to
be used right before the services dropped.

HTH

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rod Falanga
Posted At: Thursday, December 02, 2004 9:50 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: All of the printers disappear on our terminal server
server

Glenn,

I tried searching for pmanage on TheThin.net, but couldn't find it.
What is the program (not the executable) called?

Rod