[windows2000] Re: Proactivity

  • From: George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:17:26 -0800

Education is kinda like Public Libraries.  We use harddrive lockdown hardware
or software like Deepfreeze or Centurion Guard.  This makes all the difference
after getting a computer the way you want it.  -George

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 11:14:22 -0500, Andrew Shriner <ashriner@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone here (besides me) work in an educational/K-12 setting?
> Namely, public education...
>
> My boss just sent an agenda out for a meeting, and the biggest part of
> it is determining how to be proactive about a lot of things around the
> district... while that's not a bad idea, I'm wondering how he's planning
> on pulling that off, when every knowledgeable person in my department
> has enough of a workload for three people. Going beyond that, I've
> worked with most of the other school districts in our area, and none of
> them appear to be proactive at all... and employees that I've spoken to
> in other districts agree.
>
> <sigh> I know I probably shouldn't even send this message out, but what
> the hell... I haven't got anything to lose at this point.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Andrew
>
> http://thethin.net/win2000list.cfm

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus