[windows2000] Re: Printers for ALL

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:50:50 -0700

From: "Herchenbach, Jim" <jherchenbach@xxxxxxxxxx>
I have a question in regard to individual users and printers. I'm sure this is by design, but when I install a printer, it only appears for the user who is logged in at the time. Next user, install printer.....next user - install printer.....

What do I have to do to install a printer and have it appear for ALL the users of that perticular machine. Some pc's will have 10 different users per day.

Install it as an administrator and it will show up for everyone assuming this is a LOCAL printer, if it's a NETWORK printer, that's a different story.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Q: How many software engineers does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A: It can't be done; it's a hardware problem."