[windows2000] Re: Printers for ALL

  • From: "Nayden Kolev" <naydencho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:35:55 -0400

It is in a logon script. I suppose you could put it in a GPO, or at least use AD to pass it down as a logon script.

_________________________
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

From: "Herchenbach, Jim" <jherchenbach@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 12:39:59 -0500

that sounds like what i need.  one question, if the printer has already been
created, does it creat a copy at login or do I need to delete existing
printer connections first, then create the network printer share?

From: "Herchenbach, Jim" <jherchenbach@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:12:11 -0500

This is getting frustrating.  When I try to set the permissions on the
folder below.....and then go to apply, the creater/owner unchecks itself
(Strange).  Could the problem have anything to do with me using a external
hp print server device?   I have the folder permissions set "not to inherit"
and the spool file is NOT a read only file.  Personally I think its crap
that a person can't make a network printer show up for ALL USERS.  I've
installed uptodate drivers....and everything prints fine.  The printer
properties are the basic defaults.  I've reinstalled it several times.

Ok...so next question.
Could I setup a script or GPO to create this printer at logon?
If so, how would I do this?

TIA