[windows2000] Re: Printers for ALL

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:52:27 -0400

Only local printers will show for all users.

But you can make network printers pseudo-local:

In the add printer wizard, choose "Local Printer (Do not detect)" and when
asked for a port, choose "New Local Port"

When prompted for the local port name, put the UNC of the network printer
queue.

Hope this helps,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.