[windows2000] Network Problems

  • From: "Brian J. Hoppe" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000 list" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 09:09:01 -0500

Hello everyone.

I am running windows XP on an otherwise all windows 2000 network.  It seems
that my computer is the only one that has this problem:  Frequently, I run
into network problems so that when I try to get to a network drive or server
it will give me an error to the tune of:

"An error occurred while reconnecting to J: to \\servername\directory
Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use. This
connection has not been restored."

We are also running with roaming profiles, and it only works for me maybe 1
in 5 logoffs.  So I am wondering... does anyone know of an interoperability
issue with windows XP, or what the real problem is behind this.

Thanks,

Brian Hoppe

Manager, E-Commerce Development & IT
SMTResource | http://www.smtresource.com