[windows2000] Intranet zone

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:21:33 -0400

Hi list,

I've been wondering about this for a while, and now I'm going to have to
actually learn something about it since we're totally Windows 2000 now.

We have an intranet and people access it by going to http://ourintranetname.
We're adding a few other intranet type things that will be hosted on other
servers, and these will be accessed by http://server.domainname.com.
Because of the dots in the URL, Internet Explorer interprets the address as
an Internet address as opposed to an intranet one.  So, the Internet
security settings are applied.  We have special permissions set in our
intranet zone and our internet zone on all our computers.  Is there a way,
other than adding everything to everyone's trusted site list or something
like that, that we can have our internet "internet" sites be interpreted as
intranet sites by the IE zone interpreter?

the system manager.