[windows2000] Re: Network Problems

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:19:05 -0700

Enabling/disabling hardware devices constantly is not a good idea.
Assign static addresses to both your computer and your daughter's.
Create two simple batch files (.bat) that modify your computer's routing
table (using the "route"  command), one batch file adding a high
priority routing table entry that does NOT route her to the USB modem
and Internet and the other batch file changing the routing table entry
so she can access the Internet.  Using Task Scheduler schedule the first
batch file to run at night and the second to run in the morning.

You can see your computer's routing table by typing "netstat -r" at a
C:\ command prompt.

Alfonso