[windows2000] Re: All of the printers disappear on our terminal server

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:45:06 -0700

Jim,

I wouldn't be at all surprised if I've got a bad print driver in there.
We're trying to accommodate all of these different printers because the
users keep purchasing one after another.  I've asked them not to, to
restrict them to a list I provided, but they ignore me and keep doing
this.  Then I get stuck because it is "my fault" that things are bad for
them.  (The users are external to our organization - they are our
customers, so I cannot tell them what to do.  I can only ask them to do
something.)

Anyway, assuming that you are correct, that there is a bad printer
driver on our system, how do I determine which printer driver it is that
is bad?

Another question; how could a terminal server user upload a bad printer
driver to the system?

Rod