[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to filter microphone voice?

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:41:35 -0700

kevinrich47 wrote:
> Thank you Tim,What I want is not change voice for single app,but for
> all application on the machine,
> I have consider Virtual Audio Cable,But the price is not
> affordable for me.

Oh, come on!  There's a free version with some features limited for you
to try out, and the full version is only $30.  If you have not done
audio drivers before, it will save you MONTHS of frustration.

If you are working on Vista, you can write a Local Effects Audio
Processing Object (LFX APO) to do this.  This is a user-mode DLL that
lives in the the audio engine process.  There is a sample in the WDK in
src\audio\sysfx.  It's a little bit tricky to get one installed to begin
with, but there are documents available to help with that.