[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to filter microphone voice?

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:56:56 +0000

Correcting some grammar in my last reply…

A filtering hook is already provided through the audio sysfx mechanism and this
is in user mode. I believe the root problem in this particular discussion is a
difference in the desired business model. The audio sysfx mechanism is designed
for effects distributed as part of a device driver; developers of DSP should
partner with OEMs or audio device manufacturers. It seems however that
kevinrich47 wishes to deploy his DSP as some sort of independent product.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft Corporation

A filtering hook is already provided through the audio sysfx mechanism and this
is in user mode. I believe the root problem in this particular discussion is a
difference in the desired business model. The audio sysfx mechanism is designed
for effects either as part of a device driver; developers of DSP should partner