[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to filter microphone voice?

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:23:08 -0700

kevinrich47 wrote:
> Hi all,Is there anyone know how to modify MSVAD sample to make a voice
> changer?Thank you.
> Some docs on the web say modify CopyFrom or CopyTo function in the
> BaseDma.cpp can do this,
> But I don't know how to do it,Could you please tell me how to start?

In general, MSVAD would be the wrong way to do this.  To make a voice
changer, you need to get input from a real microphone, not a virtual
microphone.  If you're trying to do this within a single application,
you could write a DirectShow filter for this.

Alternatively, you may be able to use the Virtual Audio Cable
application to do what you want:
    http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html