[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to filter microphone voice?

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:06:49 -0700

kevinrich47 wrote:

> Is there any code samples in DDK or other location?

There are a couple of sample KMDF filters in the WDK.  There are no
kernel streaming filter samples, but there are really no new concepts
there.  At its base, kernel streaming is just a standard set of ioctls.
It's the handling of those ioctls that is tricky.

There's a confusion in the terms as well.  When I say "kernel streaming
filter" above, what I really mean is a "WDM filter driver in a kernel
streaming stack".  The AVStream documentation talks about kernel
streaming drivers as being "filters", in the DirectShow sense.  That's a
different use of the word.