[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Marking a washing machine with a movable clear plastic cover.

  • From: "Susan-Marie" <susanmarie9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Jean.May@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:19:00 -0700

Hi Jean May,
When I first read your question the only thing that came to mind was the way I handled my washing machine that is included with my apartment. The type of dial I have is the type that has one protruding round handle in the middle and the part that moves is a flat, plastic cover , that is around the knob, , and the different cycles are actually on the machine itself. What I did was use my slate and stylus to make the letter l. This made a sort of arrow or pointer that I placed on the plastic cover. What seemed important to me was that I marked the position on the machine that told me when the cycles completed. This way I can always start from that position. After this, I marked the positions on the cycles which were important to me such as "heavy" or "delicate". Since I have a starting point, I hold the movable part in place with one finger while I turn the knob in the middle making sure they move together to the cycle I want to use. Please let me know if this makes any sense. I think I've just confused myself *grin* because, to be honest, I don't think about it when I'm actually doing it. Best of luck!

Susan-Marie----- Original Message ----- From: "May Jean (DHSS)" <Jean.May@xxxxxxxxxxx>